The LOCAL AQUATIC EXHIBITS are a lovingly-cared-for, collection of living exhibits displaying over 75 species.
They provide a unique insight and fascinating zoned journey of discovery into the mysterious local aquatic world of North Devon.
The journey begins at the SOURCE of an Exmoor stream, down RIVER to the ESTUARY, local ROCKPOOL, Ilfracombe HARBOUR, COAST and to LUNDY with it’s Marine Conservation Zone. Complimentary childrens’ quizzes following fun trails are offered on entry.
Friendly, caring, knowledgeable staff engage with talks, feeding demonstrations and remain on hand throughout too to help.
The aquarium also offers the FUNKY FISH GIFT SHOP where a great range of good value, unusual aquatic themed gifts can be purchased. THE PIER CAFE provides a wide variety of delicious, sensibly priced, quality products available to enjoy in a relaxing and beautiful, sun-trap harbourside environment. Also on offer during conducive weather is our raised deck with unrivalled harbour and Verity views. It is the perfect spot for watching harbour life! FREE wifi.
Concession rates * Annual Membership * Group rates * Fun, educational exhibit tours *
* Birthday party hosting * Venue hire * Exhibit design, consultation and commission service
* Special requests accomodated. Any additional requirements please refer to website or call tel.01271 864533
* Local Aquatic Exhibits
* Funky Fish Gift Shop
* Pier Café with sheltered outside seating.
* Café deck provides unrivalled harbour and coastal views. Is a great sun trap.
* Convenient pier Parking
* Picturesque harbour- side location
* Large child friendly pedestrian area out front
* Modern toilets
* Disabled access throughout ground level
* Coach dropping-off point
* Free WIFI
* Verity statue / St Nicholas’ Chapel/ stunning coastal views 100m away