The LOCAL AQUATIC EXHIBITS are a lovingly-cared-for, collection of living exhibits displaying up to 75 species in beautifully recreated natural habitats..
Exciting, new and improved for 2022 the exhibits provide a unique insight and fascinating zoned journey of discovery into the mysterious local aquatic world of North Devon.
Enjoy the recently extended, unique, local zoned journey from source to sea. Discover on route extraordinary inhabitants of a secret underwater world. Let the journey begin.
It begins at the SOURCE of an Exmoor stream, down RIVER to the LAKE, POND, ESTUARY, local ROCKPOOL, Ilfracombe HARBOUR, COAST and to LUNDY with it’s Marine Nature Reserve. Complimentary children’s quizzes following fun trails are offered on entry.
Friendly, caring, knowledgeable staff are on hand to help. They offer engaging conversation, feeding demonstrations and sensory experiences.
The aquarium also offers the FUNKY FISH GIFT SHOP where a great range of good value, unusual aquatic themed gifts can be purchased. THE PIER CAFE provides a wide variety of delicious, sensibly priced, quality products available to enjoy in a relaxing and beautiful, sun-trap harbourside environment. It also offers all – weather cover. on offer too during peak times and conducive weather is our raised deck with unrivalled harbour and Damien Hirst's Verity views. It is the perfect spot for watching harbour life! FREE WIFI.
For ADMISSION PRICES & OPENING TIMES please refer to our website www.ilfracombeaquarium.co.uk
Concession rates * Annual Membership * Group rates * Fun, educational exhibit tours *
* Birthday party hosting * Venue hire * Exhibit design, consultation and commission service
* Special requests accommodated. Any additional requirements please refer either to website www.ilfracombeaquarium.co.uk email [email protected] or call 01271 864533
* Local Aquatic Exhibits
* Funky Fish Gift Shop
* Pier Café with all-weather outside seating.
* Café deck (during peak times) provides unrivalled harbour and coastal views. It remains a great sun trap!
* Convenient pier & nearby Parking
* Picturesque harbourside location
* Modern, maintained public toilets alongside.
* Disabled access throughout ground level.
* Large child friendly pedestrian area out front.
* Coach dropping-off point & minibus parking (with prior approval).
* Free WIFI
* Verity statue, C13th St Nicholas’ Chapel, other harbour attractions, stunning coastal views all accessible via the pier.